23 July 2009

who knows what knots your daddy taught

a Monday to be remembered.
with so little at stake
and so much to be assumed.
We always belittle our hopes
and reiterate the fears
of all the bandits,
vagrants, and
non-abusers.
We tackle ourselves
in an attempt to dilute our surroundings.
Crush our psyche and disavow all that we've ever stood for.
Resolution is for the meek and
the intrepid beasts,
for cognizance is pragmatic
only when you're on top.

your cat eyes keep me down
your cat eyes pin me down

purr up another tree,
your whiskers are forgotten.
Blind Blaek bleeds
for the sight of our youth, and
little Jimmy,
who pains for nothing
but to be old.
I can't kill myself without taking you down.
I'm forever lonely
with someone else around.

I'd kill myself to stay alive,
shoot my father to fill his love.
Eat money to remember I'm trying,
bite my mutt just to taste her blood.
It ain't a wake without the sun
or winter without a birth.
The showers are all equal under the sky,
preach the fish from stream to sea.
A grain of sand ain't nothing, screams the ant
till it gets between you and me.
So I'll pull up my boot straps
and point my toes south.
for my belongings ain't worth much
when I can't fill my mouth.
the lands of the Bible
today shake with Thor's thunder,
and we're in the dark without a spark
among our electrified existence.
I can't keep wearing plaid and corduroy,
with boots with tread and socks that match.
My hat ain't got a hole yet and
my dog's still got all 'er legs.
My teeth have yet to rot and
my ass don't bleed like it use to.
but I still got plenty reason
to give you up and
more hatred to deliver your way.

I wish the hard times weren't so easy,
that the asphalt didn't taste so good.
but with a gut like mine and
all my healing
it's hard to not imagine moving on.
as dark as it seems,
I can always taste morning,
though it gets too bright
I can still see death.

Grant me a pardon from my sorrow,
so I might obtain a key to my grace.
For transgressions taunt timidly
with such a hole in your face.
My time is too tight
to tie a knot with you,
but who knows what knots
your daddy taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment